Thursday, February 1, 2007

Beijing World Cup

I am feeling the effects from yesterday's international soccer skirmish. I guess I am a little out of shape. Not quite in shape enough to contend with players from Denmark, Spain, Iraq, England, Germany, and a few more Chinese. The AstroTurf field can cause some pretty big rug burns on the knees. It was about 40 degrees and the smog from the city wasn't overwhelming. Most people brought their soccer cleats with them from home, but I was left sliding around in my street shoes. We played America vs. the rest of the world. Soccer vs. Football. We represented America well and pulled off a victory. It was a close game and I managed to sneak in a few goals. The sport will now be referred to by everyone here as Soccer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Colin - nice to read your blog - in reference to the Beijing World Cup I can only conclude that Beckham did make the right choice to continue his career in the US. Have Fun!

Ashley Hart said...

Way to bring soccer back! I bet you're wishing you went running with the old man and me over break. Sounds like you're adjusting well and very busy! Any culture shock??