Monday, January 29, 2007

Beijing Hikers


About 15 of us decided we wanted to get out of the city and do some hiking. I found a group online that goes hiking every Sunday. You can read about the hike we did and some others they offer at the BeijingHikers website. The hike was very intense and some parts were pretty scary. I may not be able to walk to class tomorrow morning. We were up in the mountains and climbed about 2000 feet. We were hiking for about 5 hours and covered 21km or about 13 miles. The weather was great and it was almost too warm to wear a jacket while we climbed. We passed a lot of coal mines and some very remote villages. The occasional mountain goat would cross our paths from time to time. It was a lot of fun and nice to breath some fresh air.

1 comment:

benallenallen said...

Sounds a little like my 2 Mile walk from Sonderborg station to my apartment at 10:00PM upon my arrival in Sonderborg... Where were these mountains (google map us up!)