Saturday, January 20, 2007

Kro's Nest

Last night about 30 of us headed out to a very cool pizza place that this American guy runs. Very cool place and very good pizza... lots of cheese! The owner, Kro is a young guy who sports a mohawk and speaks Chinese fluently. I am not sure what his life story is, but he seems pretty happy where he is. This will be a great place to come back to when I need a familliar taste.


Today, my roommate and I headed out into the city. We just started walking with no real plan or sense of direction. We made our way to the subway station and just got on the next train. We passed a lot of run down, poor areas in Beijing. Some areas of the city smell terrible, because of excess garbage just piling up along the streets. After getting off the subway we ventured down a street dodging traffic. Crossing an intersection here is probably one of the scariest things I've done. We walked through a large park and saw some men doing their tai chi. Then we made our way back to the subway and back to the University. This whole expedition with lunch cost me about $3.


2 comments:

Ashley Hart said...

This Kro sounds hot and successful. Maybe he would be interested in beginning a long distance romance with your sister. Gotta love the mohawk! I also had pizza last night, but in America, of course! I'm so glad to hear you jumped on the subway. I give myself props for teaching you to ride your first public transportation just last December in Chicago. Boy, you're growing up so fast! China Forever!

benallenallen said...

how are the chopstick skills coming along? judging by your adventure to find finger food pizza, I'm going to say not so good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPZG9980oJs
was it anything like that?